Do you ever feel like you have nothing to wear, but plenty of clothes? Or do you ever want a specific pair of jeans or your favorite sweater, but can’t find it?
You may have an overloaded, stuffed closet.
While it might seem like a good thing to have hundreds of pieces in your closet, clutter is often frustrating and makes you feel depressed or anxious. The more there is, the longer it takes to organize and it’ll be tough to find your favorite clothes.
If you feel like you need a wardrobe overhaul or are thinking of taking drastic measures, don’t do it just yet! You may just have an overloaded closet. Read these seven signs your closet is too full, and then decide.
1. You have a mix of winter and summer clothes.
2. You always run out of hangers.
3. You can’t find what you’re looking for.
4. You can’t close your dressers, or some clothes are always in chairs, in the laundry basket, etc.
5. You find something you bought months (or years!) ago with the tag still on it.
6. You just can’t bring yourself to clean it. The thought alone is exhausting.
7. Putting together an outfit you actually like takes forever.
Does this sound like you yet? If so, you may want to think of donating the extra pieces to those in need or using a service like Armoire, which stores, cleans and delivers your off-season clothes whenever you need them.
If you have too many pieces in your closet, you’ll never be able to find the ones you want. So consider those organizing tips and get your wardrobe in order!